Saturday 7 July 2007

Bridal Fair at Kelvin Grove

The John Hamman School of Ballroom dancing partook in the recent bridal fair at Kelvin Grove. My lovely partner Annaelle and I took a few complete beginner volunteers onto the floor and had them dancing the basics to the cha cha and foxtrot within minutes. I'd also like add that its was a wonderfully organised affair and many thanks to Kelvin Grove for giving us the time and space to strut our stuff. This is what an innocent onlooking exhibitor had to say...

"DANCE BABY, DANCE! If you're like me, you can't string 3 steps together (which is why I take photographs and leave the dancing to the pros). But if you'd like to look pretty close to a pro (guys, you'll impress mom-in-law 10-0), then give John Hamman a call. He took a mate of mine (whose a worse dancer by the way) and made him look fairly good inside just one song! John will teach you ballroom favourites like the Waltz, Quickstep, Slow Foxtrot and Tango brilliantly. Oh, did I mention the Cha Cha, Rumba, Samba, Salsa and Jive? Oh yes please! I liked the part about him offering Absolute Beginner classes! Niiiice! Of course, if you're an advanced dancer, he'll coach you too. Want him (and believe me, you do) then contact him here: jvhamman@gmail.com One last thing, word has it that some of his lessons are at Kelvin Grove. Last thought – if you want me to take some of photographs of your dance lessons and include them in your wedding album, take it as a given."

by Warren Buffet - wedding and portrait photographer

No comments: